Monday 14 November 2011

Rogue Trader Figures

Rogue Trader Figures

Almost finished some figures - I just need to complete the bases - so hopefully I'll have some new pictures in the next week or two. I am, however, starting to regret my "let's improve my basing" decision earlier this year, as they're taking ages, and don't look that great.

Anyway, back on topic.

When Rogue Trader came out (longer ago than I care to remember), Games Workshop released figures for it - not surprising, given that's what they do.

The figures below are from a time when the background wasn't so strictly defined, and when humerous names were all the rage. It was also a time when there was character to the figures; they were individuals, rather than the large blocks of identical (or near enough) figures we see today (pet gripe of mine, I've mentioned it before, I'm sure I will again)

Rogue Trader 1 Rogue Trader 2 Rogue Trader 3

The rifleman on the right in the first picture below is indeed wearing a chainmail cloth on his head. It was several years before it occurred to me that perhaps it was just a normal piece of netting, but by then I'd grown used to the chainmail.

Rogue Trader 4 Rogue Trader 5 Rogue Trader 6

The female model below is one of very few Imperial Guardswomen in the 41st millennium - the only other one I can think of is the not-Xena from Col Shaeffer's Last Chancers (Warrior Woman).

Rogue Trader 10

In addition to the human figures, they also did a few Aliens, including a "Beastman in space" figure. The Imperial Guard figures with unfeasibly large heavy weapons (of which I still have a large selection in a drawer somewhere) were also from that period.

Rogue Trader 7 Rogue Trader 8 Rogue Trader 9

My plan is to use them as pirates and mercenaries alongside/against the Pig Iron Heavy Infantry and my various other SF figures.

Now I just need to finish reading the Tomorrow's War rules (and build and paint some vehicles, scenery etc. etc. etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment